Thursday, June 9, 2011

Approved!!!!

Today has been a good day and it's not even 9 am yet.
I called and spoke with our USCIS officer (we got assigned last Friday) who informed me that we were I800-a approved on Monday and that he mailed the papers Tuesday. Our courier called me yesterday to say that the rest of our paperwork has been sealed and is on it's way to us.

So what does this all mean? Well, if the I800 arrives today, I can get it notarized, take it to the Sec. of State's office for certification and have it ready to send to D.C. by Monday. Also, our other papers will come tomorrow and I just need to make a copy, attach our pictures and a few other things and send it off to our agency for review. To make a long story short, it looks like we will be DTC (dossier to China) in June!!!

In other happy news, I am almost done dyeing scarves and baby slings for our local farmer's market which is good since A) it opens on Saturday, and B) adoption is expensive. We've also had an opportunity present itself that would mean we could actually get the remainder of our adoption expenses saved up by the time we would travel. A few major things have to fall into place, so if you could send some good vibes our way that we can get it figured out that would be amazing.

Here's hoping everyone has an excellent Thursday!

3 comments: