Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The three letters we've been waiting for!

L...I....D!!!!

Yes, we have our log in date!!

I opened my email this afternoon expecting to get notice that our dossier had been delivered to the CCCW@. Instead, I found out that our dossier had not only arrived, but been checked in. Typically it takes about 4 weeks from DTC to LID, so this is a huge surprise for us!

So what does this mean? We are now eligible for a match at any time. We are definitely eligible for the July list which should come out a week from Monday. We are most certainly not expecting a match anytime soon, especially since our agency told us it would be about 4-6 months, but just knowing that we are finally in a position where all the pieces are in place leaves me (relatively) speechless.

Wow. This is actually happening. Wow. We could see our little girl's face by Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. I was reading a story about a couple that adopted from China this morning. I plan to scan it in and send it to you, sometime. It kept reminding me of you and how excited I am. I can't believe you are finally so close! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your news just made me cry. I'm so glad you'll soon be seeing your baby girls face in person.

    ReplyDelete