Monday, August 29, 2011

An Update and a Name!

We got an update today! This afternoon, I was on a little work trip taking a tour of the production facility that spits out the tens of thousands of copies of the films we produce (it was pretty dang cool).

Suddenly, I had an email, then a text message, then a phone call... something was urgent. The text message said to check the email, so I open the mail app on my phone, and this is what greets me:


OH NOES. This is so cruel. Mean and cruel. This is the first pic we have of her smiling and it's just adorable.

I MUST SQUISH THOSE CHEEKS. It is my destiny.

It came with a quick update from the orphanage (apologies for Comic Sans, it was in the original and I am a designer, after all):

8/26/2011 Update

Update from Eagles Wings:

As of August 2, Yin Ci weighed 8.9kg and was 69cm. She is very healthy and happy. She sits unassisted. She is crawling well, and will likely take her first steps in the next couple of months.


So there's that. The thought that she might be walking soon, and I'm on the other side of the earth is crushing.

I still know it'll all be worth it.

--

After lots of thought and deliberation, we've decided on a name! It's actually one of the very first names that came up and we fell in love with immediately. We thought we should at least look at a few other names, and we did, but kept coming back to this one. Friends, I give you:

Eleanor YinCi Jackson

We'll most likely be calling her by the shortened version Nora. Ellie / Elly would be the obvious choice, but there are already 3 Ellies running around extended family right now. Plus Nora is awesome.

We've always been huge fans of the Jane Austen names (Elinor, Margaret, Emma, Mr. Willoughby, etc.), and fell in love with Elinor / Eleanor, then decided on the more common spelling.

So now we have something more concrete to call her, rather than Xiu-Face, Yin-Face, and Mrs. Squirrel-Cheeks.

-- Kevin

8 comments:

  1. That picture is ridiculously adorable! I can't wait to meet her in person! :) And I love the name Eleanor/Nora, very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nora is the perfect choice! She will love and so will EVERYONE who meets her. She is such a baby doll-I too must squish. My heart won't rest until I do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cheeks! The chubby little arms! The huge toothless grin! Eleanor/Nora is a *great* name, but I may privately continue to think of her as Mrs. Squirrel-Cheeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man she is adorably squishy! How awesome that they can send updates and pictures so you can see more of your little Nora.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the name. She's so adorable! I just want to squish those cute cheeks dangit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay! It's official! We simply MUST have play date now. My girl is Eleanor! We call her Nelly. :) Love you all! She is constantly in our thoughts. (As are you.) Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG amazing cheeks! Our DD's are born just 7 days apart too!! Looking forward to following your journey!

    Christy Lillie (out4abit on RQ)

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow, she is super duper precious!!! I wanna kiss those cheeks!! Congrats, What a gift!!! We are waiting for our dd in China as well! Looking forward to following your journey!:))

    ReplyDelete