Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Now It's Official!

Last week, I stood in line at a credit union to get a bank check for $15.00.

I needed this bank check to attach to a single sheet of paper I had already filled in.

This check and this sheet will soon be mailed to the state of California, where I served a mission for the LDS church... thirteen years ago.

On this sheet of paper, there is a tiny box.

Someone at the California Department of Justice will place a checkmark in this tiny box and send it back.

The entire purpose of that tiny little box is only to certify that I was never registered as a child abuser in the state of California.

This is my life now.

- Kevin

P.S. I related this whole bizarre incident to a friend at work while headed out the door to get the bank check... he has kids and shouted "It's worth it!" as the front door shut behind me. I believe you, man. I can't wait to experience it for myself.

1 comment: