Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011, please come in. We've been waiting for you!

I should be sleeping, but I figured I may as well start 2011 off by being productive.

Couple things:
As I said in my previous post, the list was not at all meant as a way off calling out anyone in particular. If you are worried that you have offended me in the past, just stop worrying.

The infamous comment from a family member about being too pretty to adopt was said well before it was known that we would be adopting. I don't know if that makes it more sad or funny. To be fair, she has a tendency to say all sorts of crazy stuff. Heaven help up if she ever goes fully senile. I'm sure she'll find out at some point (if she doesn't already know) and we'll have all new jems to share. Ugh.

Christmas was hard. Among other things, it's difficult to see all the kids around and wonder when we will be able to see our own little girl being tickled by uncles or falling asleep on Kevin's chest. I don't really know how it's possible to miss someone you've never met, but I assure you we do.

On a happier note, 2011 is here. A year we have been waiting anxiously for for several years. It's a bit surreal. This year we will submit our dossier. This year we will (hopefully) see her face. This year we may even be able to bring our girl home. This year will be my last Mother's Day having to show up late to church so I don't have to see all the primary kids singing and waving to their moms. This year we will become parents and that will change every year from now on. 2011 Bring. It. On.

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes I'd even skip the whole Mother's Day program completely! I know I'm not nearly as excited as you two, but I feel pretty close to it...getting all goosebumpy and what nots!

    ReplyDelete