Monday, October 31, 2011

The Best Halloween!

No, we do not have our LOA yet. Today is day 70, so it probably wont be for another couple weeks. Hopefully sooner.

First, allow me to thank those who offered kind words after my last post, it really means a lot and does help. Like I said, some days are good, some are bad.

Today looked like it was going to be bad. I follow a chinese adoption forum and several people got their LOA's today. When this happens I am torn between being happy that SOMEONE got something and jealous that it wasn't us. I'm only human, after all.

Then, I opened my email to get a link to the best Halloween present of all time! Talk about treat!

Looks like she got her care package :)

Is she making her ducky give kisses to the photos? Let's say yes.

I need to switch places with that ducky right now!

We needed this. We needed it very badly, myself especially. Then, just when I thought I could keep it together, I see there is a little video included (I hope I can make this work):



She is walking! Taking her first hesitant steps and we haven't missed it, not really. We get to cheer her on and see the joy on her face when she does it. Go baby girl, go! Not too many more months before we get to see her in person. I just hope we can keep up!

8 comments:

  1. She is so dang cute. The video worked. Yay for taking baby steps...literally and physically. I love the cuddles photo but the smile in the first is just to precious for words.
    We are keeping you in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woo hoo! Love it! Good for you! She's a cutie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love! She's the cutest little girl ever! I love that you have a video--how awesome is that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. :D I got to see these today at work, and Oh My Gosh, I don't think words can describe how cute she is. All of these pics are adorable, but that face at the end of that video where she is SOOO excited about her accomplishment is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is completely presh! She is just lovely and looks so happy to have her ducky! I can tell you from experience, when they give that stuffed animal BACK to you because you are there to bring her home...it's just the best thing ever. I will never forget sitting in the orphanage the day we met our son and about thirty minutes before they brought him to us {he was napping! SO WAKE HIM UP!!!!!}, they gave us all of the things we had sent him during our 16 month wait. Unbelievable how great that feels. Hold fast! LOA has to be on its way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. that video made me cry!!! She is just so wonderful, words can't even describe it!!! I love how much she is cuddling her little ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That smile. That laugh. I am sitting here DYING! She is so amazingly perfect in every way! What a ray of sunshine!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh, I just got a chance to see the video. So exciting! I love how she is so proud of herself! (I was also happy to see another awesome sweater!)

    ReplyDelete