Tuesday, January 10, 2012

And still we wait

Still no word on our travel approval. We are now on day 14 of that wait and are supposed to hear something anytime.

I had really hoped we would hear today. I was so optimistic about it, but as the afternoon came and went with no word I began to realize that today was not our day. I realize it will be soon, and I realize it will come eventually, but it just sucks. The wait for TA is brutal. There is no other way to put it. I think it is taking a tie with LOA wait for the suckiest part of the process. Each day drags on for a week and you feel like your entire life is on hold. We can't buy plane tickets, we don't know exactly when we will be meeting our girl, we don't know when Kevin should be asking for time off, all because we are still waiting on one little piece of paper.

We have a baby shower this Saturday and I truly hope I have good news by then, otherwise I suspect another rough day. Yes, we are excited to be so close, but man am I ready to be on the other side of this whole process! Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. I hope today was better- waiting is the pits- especially for something so wonderfully great. My stomach is all in knots for you guys. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen! I came across your blog on RQ. I had to comment on how adorable Nora is! We are also waiting to travel for our little girl who is only a few weeks older than Nora and also has a CL/CP. Good luck with everything! I'm sure your TA will be here soon!

    ReplyDelete