Thursday, January 5, 2012

Happy Little Kicks in the Head

(Huzzah! It's another Kevin post!)

Professionally, I'm a media and web developer. What this means to Jen is that all of her business endeavors come with free web design and development services, forever. It's part of the whole supportive-husband gig I try to maintain. Her primary endeavor has been unusually busy this year, and has more or less funded the entire adoption while I take care of the usual keeping-the-lights-on stuff.

I had a weird, awakening moment when I realized I was editing the home page of her business website to read that she will be on maternity leave, and potential clients should email her about availability for the next few months.

For some reason, little things like this serve as stark reminders of how weird and wonderful our lives have become. Happy little kicks in the head.

Another kick: realizing that the adorable little monkey outfit I bought months ago isn't going to fit her now.

Kick: apparently Eleanor likes music a lot, which is a relief since I've been playing, writing and recording music since middle school. We also have a shared tendency to put on loud music while cleaning house on Saturdays, anything from Guster to Underworld, The Naked and Famous to Flogging Molly, or just choice musicals (I sing all the male parts).

Corollary kick: I plan on her playing backup guitar in my band by age 4. I have an extra eletric she can practice on.

Kick: we hear she can now point to "mama" and "baba" (the Chinese "dada") on seeing our pictures.

Kick: Jen just now reminded me that I will need to hunt down a diaper bag that I can wear and still feel manly.

Another kick, the biggest of all: one month. We could have our daughter in one month.


- Kevin

1 comment: