Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 16: Away We Go

Hey, friends... sorry I don't have any pictures for you right now.  I've been out grocery shopping while Jen has been doing all the packing and early tomorrow we get on a whole bunch of airplanes and hopefully our child won't scream and no one will want to murder us.

I admit that I'm a bit sad right now.  I'm sad to be leaving China.  I'm sad to leave our travel group... we've made such good friends here.  I'm sad to leave the protective bubble that is everyone we know all attempting to parent at the same time to children from somewhat similar backgrounds.  We meet every day in the playroom to share stories and Jen and I lap up the advice and the encouragement toward what we're doing.  I freely admit to needing a lot of that to keep going.

But HOME!  That is exciting indeed.  I'm a Dad now, and that is pretty awesome.  I have a little girl that is adorable and sweet and playful, and who needs a lot of care.  I have a wonderful wife whom I absolutely adore with all my heart and wouldn't want to do this without her.

We're coming home, everyone!  Please send your prayers and good vibes and all that so our flights go well with her.  Then, after some adjustment time, we'd love to have you all meet our wonderful little Nora YinCi.

Peace out, China... it's been amazing.  Thank you for every little thing.

 - Kevin

4 comments:

  1. Good luck on the way home! She's adorable and I can't wait to meet her!!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy travels! I hope the flights go well. I can't wait to play with Nora. :) We love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm praying for you to sit next to a 60 year old mission president and his wife on the flight home--missing their own grandkids and happy to help you in any way. You can do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like Amy's thought. Good call!
    We are so excited to be part of your family and that we get to continue this story for years to come even if you don't blog anymore.
    Travel Safely!!

    ReplyDelete