Monday, February 27, 2012

Home!

We made it! I always used to get annoyed when a family wouldn't blog as regularly once they got home, but now I get it.

The flight was ok. Nora did ok, save for a spot of turbulence which forced us to attach her little seat belt to ours which lead to a tantrum bad enough that a well-meaning stranger asked if I wanted her to hold her so I could have a "mental break" and a flight attendant asked what she could do, to which I may have lost it a bit. Hooray for breakdowns in front of strangers! As soon as the light went off, Kevin stood up with her and the screaming stopped. She hates being confined.

We're doing ok, but still fighting the jet lag. Nora wants to wake up at 12:30 every night to play for a while, but in a couple weeks she should be all adjusted. Kevin has been amazing in every way and is taking Nora and Tikka on a walk right now before dinnertime. I went to the doctor this afternoon and confirmed that I have some sort of weird chinesey form of bronchitis. Here's hoping that the antibiotics and narcotic cough syrup will result in the first night of sleep without coughing in over 2 weeks.

I'll write more tomorrow, probably, but for now I have a wonderful world of drugged sleep calling my name. Until then!

1 comment:

  1. Yay I'm glad you made it home! Go get some drug sleep and you know next time you want to come in for something I don't have I'd love to meet miss Nora :).

    ReplyDelete